It’s only words…but words are all I have…
Words over Resolutions…
Instead of creating a list of resolutions (which often end up more daunting than encouraging), we are instead picking a word (or two). The hope is that this word will shape our lives for the coming year, increase our focus and enhance our experiences.
Last year, S and B chose the word ‘CREATE’ and really saw benefits from approaching life with this attitude.
This year, the word she has chosen is ‘VALUE’. Hopefully, she’ll let us know how it’s going as the months go by –HERE!
@ebsnare decided to use two words for her experiment: ‘ENJOY’ and ‘EXPAND’.
Do have a look at her post HERE to get the full story on why these words and what she hopes to get out of them.
Like EBS, I’ve settled on two words:
1. To increase in size by a natural process.
2. – a. To expand; gain
– b. To increase in amount or degree; intensify
3. To develop and reach maturity
4. To be capable of growth; thrive
5. To become attached by or as if by the process of growth
6. To come into existence from a source; spring up
7. To come to be by a gradual process or by degrees; become
2012 was a roller-coaster year with some awesome highs and rather deflating lows. Nevertheless, I’ve made great strides forward in different aspects of my life and would like to maintain that momentum.
I’m going to evaluate, dump the rubbish, and focus on quality to allow for continuing steps forward. It doesn’t have to be huge, but I’d like to know I’m creeping forward every week, be it with relationships, hobbies, life, the universe and everything!
v. ap·pre·ci·at·ed, ap·pre·ci·at·ing,ap·pre·ci·ates
1. To recognize the quality, significance, or magnitude of.
2. To be fully aware of or sensitive to; realize.
3. To be thankful or show gratitude for
4. To admire greatly; value.
5. To raise in value or price, especially over time.
Nope, I don’t mean being grateful for hardship, misery and challenges, or anything lofty like that. Rather it’s a very small and simple idea that I’ve utterly failed to do in the last five years or do.
Take. Some. Time.
In 2013, I’m going to stop focusing on things I’ve failed to do or achieve or learn, to stop blaming myself for not doing ‘more’.
Instead, I plan to take into consideration the positives in various aspects of my life and cherish them; to recognise when I have done something well and to spend time with the people that make me celebrate just being alive.
Thanks to S and B and EB for letting me include their deets on my post today.
Are you doing something similar – living by a word, a phrase, image or poem?
I’d love to hear what’s inspiring you for the year ahead!